- Born in Cairo, Egypt.
- Educated in French Jesuit school.
- Graduated from Medical School in 1977 with Highest Honors.
- Immigrated to the United States in 1979.
- 1979 - 1984: General Surgery Residency at St. Mary's Hospital (Yale affiiation), Waterbury, CT.
- 1984 - 1985: Burn Fellowship at Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
- 1984: Became an American Citizen.
- 1985 - 1987: Plastic Surgery residency at Lehigh Valley General Hospital, Allentown, PA.
-1988: Board Certified in General Surgery.
- 1987 - 1988: Microvascular fellowship at the Mecom Microsurgical Institute, Houston, TX.
- 1988 : Craniofacial fellow with Dr. Paul Tessier at the Clinique Belvedere, Paris, France.
- 1989 - 1995: Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
- 1990: Board Certified in Plastic Surgery.
- 1995 - 2001: Private practice of Plastic Surgery with partime affiliation to the academic program at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
- January 2001: Married to Candace Sue Cooper.
- 2002 - 2005: Private practice of Esthetic Surgery, Everett, WA.
- 2006 - 2011: Private practice of Esthetic Surgery, Kirkland, WA.
-2012-Present: Beverly Hills, CA
- Surgical Expeditions: Thirteen as team leader (pro-bono work) in seven different countries (five continents).
- Predominant activity: Work!!
- Fanatical passions: My wife; our kids (6) and Classical Guitar playing.
Before and After Photos of Tummy Tuck
View Patient Testimonials
Dr. Anous is an internationally recognized Tummy Tuck surgeon who has developed a unique approach to abdominoplasty called Mercator. Use this website to learn about Dr. Anous and watch videos of this procedure.